Maharashtra is a Tune To Sing Together -Happy Maharashtra Day



May 1, 2017: Travelling and residing in different states of India infused a fondness in me to be acquainted with diverse cultures and heritage. The day I landed in Mumbai is still an alive reminiscence. Marathi culture, language, attires, festivals and warmth of natives are few things that enthralled me the most. The gratified yet competitive spirits were greeting each other and all I could feel at that moment was its mystical ambience caressing my dreams.    

When I completed my graduation from IIT Delhi in 1997, I had many options to bet on; to seize a job offer, to pursue the dream of my father to ace civil services or to take a risk at my own. The dilemma daunted me for many days until I had a dream in which a printer was consistently releasing print outs of Lord Ganpati. I considered it as a divine way of inferring me to hit Mumbai and instigate Pace IIT & Medical.


I fondly call Maharashtra my ‘Second Motherland’ now. This label has been derived from the teachings of Lord Krishna. He had two mothers- Devaki, the biological mother and Yashoda, the foster mother. It affirmed me to believe that there can be two motherlands, one where you are born and second where you are nurtured. I was born in Uttar Pradesh while fostered in Maharashtra. Maharashtra armed me with the opportunities to learn, to gain and to achieve what I dreamt of. I am forever indebted to this state for showering so much affection. 

On this Maharashtra Day, I express my sincere gratitude and love to this state.

‘Jai Maharashtra, Jai Hind.’

Comments

Popular Posts